Today we've been watching the Detroit Red Wings play some pretty good hockey against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Since it's recorded we've been taking a few breaks during the afternoon to watch parts and will eventually finish the game.
As Laura was taking Henry out of his bath the Red Wings scored another goal. Laura sent Henry in to ask me how many goals the Red Wings had and I told him four. So, he goes back into the hallway and Laura asks him how many goals. Henry replies that the Red Wings "goals are double".
Ok, that's interesting obviously the last score was three but we were thinking that he may not have seen the previous goal. I picked Henry up and asked him "What number is four the double of?"
He looks at me and says "Two."
Laura and I were stunned. That's right, stunned. (Please no Monty Python jokes.) (Ok, you can do Monty Python jokes if you really want.)
So, Henry turned 3 years old two weeks ago and he knows that four is the double of two.
We are in so much trouble. But it's a good trouble.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, I can add to the proof that H is a genius.... when he left our house today, Kyle said "thanks for coming over", and Henry replied, "No problem, it's my pleasure". He also told us we had to turn right to get home from Dairy Queen (and he was right).
Post a Comment