For example, until recently I never realized how much I say, "Actually." Now that Henry is beginning almost every sentence with it (sometimes two or three times if he is really excited about something), I have realized that I must say it an awful lot. (At least, he has stopped saying, "No - ah". It frustrates HutcH to no end when I say it, and when Henry started saying it - in all is 2+ year old glory - I thought HutcH might be become bald sooner than we thought!)
Another example of this was last weekend when we were having a family discussion about what we wanted to do with the day. I stated that, "It's not going to happen, but I would like to stay in bed all day and watch movies." We talked for a bit and then Henry said, "Actually, what I would like to do - BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN - is go to the mall." HutcH and I were rolling with laughter.
And finally, last night ... after a particularly vigorous tickling and jumping on the bed session with Daddy, Henry crawled away to "escape". (HutcH is infamous for his side comments in which he will take everyday expressions and/or movie quotes and change them around to be silly or absurd. Like saying, "Jalapeno" instead of "Hallelujah". Many times these expressions need to be translated to the general public ... one of my inherited wifely duties!) So, while Henry is crawling away, HutcH says, "He's for Fork City." [translation - stick a fork in him he's done.] And, not skipping a beat, Henry says, "Fork City, here I come!"
Actually, it was quite funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment