Sunday, March 2, 2008

Henry's 2nd Birthday!

Since last night I was too exhausted to journal about Henry's birthday...I thought I'd post the update today...

Henry had a beautiful sunny day for his 2nd birthday - much like the day he was born! We ran errands for the party most of the day - with a stop for lunch at McDonald's (had to get birthday fries). He fell asleep on the way back from the shopping, which was quite the blessing since this allowed us to get the house decorated for the party. Henry woke up about 30 minutes before guests started arriving - in wonderment of how the house changed into a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party filled with presents, balloons, and cupcakes. We had about 16 friends and family over to celebrate with mini hot dogs, mini hamburgers, and (0f course) fries! Henry even blew out his own candle on the cupcake!

I am still in awe of the presents he received (thank you, thank you!). He woke up this morning wanting a cupcake for breakfast (which we allowed) and wandering around saying, "My clubhouse. My wagon. My ball. My balloons..." Today was spent re-arranging Henry's room - to make room for all the toys - and playing.

I've said it a million times this past week...I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S TWO...and I LOVE BEING HIS MOM!

2 comments:

Jen said...

It must be so much fun to see Henry's awe and amazement at the birthday happenings. Sounds like you had a great time!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday to Henry! sounds like he had a wonderful time with lots of fries to enjoy!!!