Sunday, February 28, 2010

How Time Flies


For the past week we have been counting down the days in anticipation for Henry's birthday party. We've been using a chain of pipe cleaners to represent each day; taking one off for each day as the big event drew nearer. And now that the day was here, Henry was down to counting the hours. At 11:00am I showed him the clock and told him that the party was at 4. Together we counted how many hours were left. A couple hours later, he asked again, "How long until my party?" So, I said, "Let's look at the clock." We did and he said, "Oh, it's 1:00 now, so 3 hours left."

And to think at this time only four years ago, we were at the hospital waiting for him to enter into the world. Happy Birthday, my beautiful and incredible son. I thank the universe for you each day. And I'm so glad to be your mom.

1 comment:

HutcH said...

And I, your Dad!