Okay...he's really freaking me out with how well he can remember things we only mention once or twice...and his exceptional vocabulary...
Example 1: We went on our walk the other day (we haven't been in awhile because of the yucky weather). When we passed a particular house, Henry said, "Spider?" It took me a second - but then I remembered last Halloween (6 months ago) that house was decorated with a large spider above their front door.
Example 2: For those that don't know....when young children leave Costco after shopping the worker checks the receipt and draws a smiley face on the back for the kid. This week when we were leaving Henry requested the smiley face from the man as we approached the exit.
Example 3: When went to the park last night and I pointed out that there was a kite stuck up in the tree. Today when I was telling people about our adventure Henry made sure that I included that detail.
Example 4: Tonight before getting ready for bed, we were playing some family basketball in Henry's room. HutcH was sitting on the floor and Henry told him to "get taller".
PS - Let's add something from this morning, honey. He dropped his flying monkey on the other side of the toddler gate. When I asked him to get it for me he started reaching through the gate and we could hear him clearly say. "Henry's almost there. Henry's almost there." We were dumbfounded.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment