Sunday, October 18, 2009

Overdue Update


Please forgive me. It's been over a month since my last confession ... I mean blog!!!

What a crazy month. Let's see ... Henry is in preschool 2 days a week from 9 to 1:30. He loves it, no big surprise! He is also in a swim class every Monday. Which he also loves. His new accomplishment is jumping into the water unassisted! Honor is also doing awesome. She is very smiley and LOVES to babble ... that is until I turn on the video camera. So, sadly I have no good proof of her babbling or singing chatter (I'll keep working on it!). She can roll from her tummy to her back and from her back to her tummy. She's also VERY close to being able to creep (tummy crawl). Honor has also started "solid" food. So far she has enjoyed rice, barley, and oatmeal cereal ... as well as bananas. She gets very excited when the spoon and bowl come out!

I have been not so great. It's been one thing after another for the past year ... and this month was no different. I contracted an infection that made me have 3 days of iv treatment in an outpatient facility - and then got bronchitis. Ah, what fun! But things seem better now ... I'm slowly getting my energy back!

As for fun events ... there have been many! September 25 - 27 we met up with our Disney boat friend's the Mitchell's for a fun weekend at Surfari Joe's in Watervliet, MI. It was a Ramada hotel with a great indoor water park. The kids had a great time .... well, until Henry dove into the headboard in our hotel room Saturday night. Then we were in the ER getting the cut on his nose glued back together! (like I said, crazy month!)

On October 1, we went with the preschool for the annual Apple Orchard trip. Meg and Sami Sue joined us .... I have connections with the director of the preschool!!! It was a wonderful time, and I got a lot of great pictures.

October 7th HutcH and I celebrated our NINTH anniversary. And on October 11th we got together as a family to celebrate my Grandma's 87th birthday. I think she really enjoyed having almost all (except Lindz) there to be with her. (Editor's Note: October 10th Henry got to enjoy his very first Movie Theater trip. He got to see Toy Story & Toy Story 2, both in 3-D. He was fantastic and enjoyed himself. He couldn't stop talking about things in the 2 movies, (Why did X do Y? Did you see W do Z?), he was analyzing what he saw. Maybe he'll be a movie critic in his future.)

After preschool on October 13th I took Henry and Honor to the Franklin Cider Mill. Henry and Honor loved watching the water wheel. I liked watching Honor and Henry ... and the cider and donuts!!!

On October 14th I took the kids to Sears for Halloween portraits. It was my first time trying to get a professional picture of both kids ... man, that is TOUGH work. Thank god HutcH was there to help. And in the end, we got some cute shots of my carrot and pea!

I'll post the pictures separately ... because it's much easier!





No comments: