I realized that although I had posted clever things Henry has said, I haven't updated the blog on what we've been up to. And, we've been up to a lot ...

Here's Henry at swim class with Miss Val at Waterford Kettering (local high school). He did an amazing job - especially since it was supposed to be a preschooler AND parent class, but I couldn't join him due to minor surgery I had (from an infection as a result of mastitis). He become much more comfortable in the water ... and had a lot of fun!!!

Henry, Honor, and I have enjoyed several days at some of the great parks and playgrounds in the area. Our favorites are Hess-Hathaway (aka "the farm park") and Beverly Park.

One afternoon I introduced Henry to the fun of playing with soapy water outside. We had a great time splashing in bubble puddles and washing his outside toys! Henry, Honor, & I have been doing a lot of playing in the front yard!
We've also visited Dodge Park - which is a State Park just down the street on Cass Lake. Henry and I enjoyed swimming, while Honor enjoyed snoozing in the shade with her Nana.

Here's a picture from one of our mall adventures! It could be an ad for Baby Trend - since there is 3 different models of Baby Trend strollers in it. 3 strollers and 5 kids .... Henry and Honor, Sloan & Evelyn Lamb, and Sami Sue Christie. It lets the kids run around (and release some energy on the cooler rainy days we've been having) on the mall play structures while us gals get a chance to talk (kinda). We've ventured out at 12 Oaks and Great Lake Crossing. The Great Lake Crossing trip included Sami and Honor's first ride on a merry-go-ride (and possibly Meg and my last)! And we always end our day with a special treat ... mainly because us mommies need some sugar to make it through until bedtime!!!

Here's a picture of Honor in celebration of the 4th. It makes me curious if she is going to be obsessed with ears like her brother!

Last week we visited Cranbrook Science Center. Here is one of the dinosaur exhibits ... Henry called it, "Kidosaurus".

Here's my smiley Honor at 10 weeks old. She's wearing an outfit that I had as a baby ... one of my mom's favorites. Honor is a really happy girl. She's doing great ... weighed in at 12 pounds and measured 23 inched tall at her 2 month check up. She is also off her apnea monitor as of last week! "She's got no strings, to hold her down, to make her fret, or make her frown." In fact, last Friday she actually rolled from her tummy to her back for the first time!
No comments:
Post a Comment