
This weekend HutcH, Henry, and I drove down to Tennessee to attend my cousin Jason's wedding. We left Michigan after I saw my last client Thursday night and arrived in Nashville at about 4:30 am central time. Henry did great on the ride down...he didn't sleep as much as we hoped...but he was in great spirits. In fact, during a time when HutcH and I thought he was sleeping (but he wasn't) Henry said, "I love that truck. I want to hug it." as we passed a large semi.
After getting a few hours of sleep, we went out to breakfast with my sister! She took the red eye in from LA...it was SO great to see her.
That evening we attended a lovely rehearsal dinner at a steakhouse. Henry was SO tired...but was quite the trooper. We thought he'd crash on the way home...and he did...but when we got to the hotel every time we tired to put him in the pack'n'play he wake up and scream. At first, HutcH and I thought this was just a test...so we let him cry for a bit. But then I realized he had a pretty bad fever and was probably miserable. I ended up holding him for the entire night. In the morning, HutcH picked up some fever reducer and cold medicine...which helped tremendously.
Enough so that Henry was up for his favorite game of elevator and magic doors at the hotel!
Saturday afternoon was the wedding. It was beautiful...well, at least the little that I saw and what people said. Due to Henry's not feeling great, he wasn't in the mood to quietly sit through a wedding ceremony (oreo cookies didn't even do the trick!). The reception was also lovely...Henry and I enjoyed doing the tango while a live big band played great music!
The afterparty was held at my aunt and uncle's...where we happily ate Sir Pizza and watched Henry and Clark play (can't get better entertainment than that).
Needless to say...we collapsed that night!
Sunday morning we ate breakfast at the hotel all together and left for home. Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment