Thursday, May 15, 2008

Development Update

So...my Nana moved a couple weeks ago into a beautiful apartment right next to the preschool that my mom runs in downtown Birmingham. Since Henry has been attending the "Fun with Tots" program there on Tuesdays, we are creating the ritual of seeing Nana Woodhouse after class. Last Tuesday we went out for lunch at Cheeburger Cheeburger. Towards the end of the meal I finished off my chocolate malt and put it to the side. Henry asked if he could have some more of it (ignoring his own vanilla milkshake that HE ordered). I told him that it was all gone. Not believing me, he said, "Me see," to prove to him that it was, in fact, all gone. My nana thought this was hilarious...especially since she had just finished saying, "Nothing gets by him!"

Last night (while I was at work), Henry was eating dinner. When he stopped eating HutcH asked him if he was done and he replied, "No." So, HutcH walked away to finish what he was doing in the kitchen. Henry asked to get down by saying, "Down." HutcH told him that he said he was still eating so he could not get down until he had finished. Henry then picked up his plate and said, "Take this away."

Today Henry and I took Betz to Hess-Hathaway park...one of our favorite hang outs. After burning off ample energy at the playground we went out to lunch at a Coney near our house. Henry has only been to this coney (maybe) twice in his life. Once was about a month ago with Sloan & Tiff. The other time was probably before he was 6 months old. We pull into the parking lot and Henry says, "I want fries....and balls." At first, I think he is crazy...or that I'm just not interpreting toddler speech well enough...but he repeats something about "balls."

I should have known better...we open the door to the restaurant to see a giant "gumball" machine filled with bouncy balls. How did he remember that?!?

(a bouncy ball was purchased after lunch to mark the occasion)

No comments: