Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hide-n-Seek

I know that most (if not all) of these posts are just me gloating about how wonderfully amazing Henry is. But that's the point, right? And if you're not interested you don't have to look at the blog - but if you are, here's another cool thing Henry did...

Today Henry and I were happily playing with a Winnie-the-Pooh puzzle in his room. He then decided that we could play hide-n-seek with the Piglet piece. He hid it - without me seeing where it was - and then said, "Piglet!" to tell me look for him. So, I said, "Piglet, where are you?" (just like I say, "Henry, where are you?", when I look for him.) Now, here's the first cool part...as I looked he never told me where it was, but would tell me "no" if I asked if it was somewhere that it wasn't. We did this a few times and (here's the second cool part) each time it was a DIFFERENT place. (for those that don't have a professional background in child development, this is really advanced!) And for the last cool part, I then asked him if it was my turn to hide Piglet, which he replied "yes". I told him to hide his eyes....and he put is face into the cushion on the rocker until I said (again) "Piglet, where are you?"

With a little help, Henry found piglet. We have never played this before today.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sooooooo cute! He clearly comes from genius-grade stock!